Looking for a physical challenge in the arctic whilst enjoying spectacular views of open tundra, fells and mountains? If yes, this adventure is for you.
On this six-day backcountry ski trek we take you to the northwesternmost point of Finland, high above the Arctic Circle, next to Norway. This area, called Käsivarsi wilderness, is situated on highland and is marked by majestic fells and open tundra. This area is heaven for backcountry skiing if you know what you’re doing.
The Arctic winter is harsh and unpredictable but can be enjoyed safely in our professional guidance. It might be snowstorms and -20 degrees Celsius, or it might be 0 C and pure sunshine, or something between the extremes. In any case, we offer an exclusive experience to remember for a lifetime.
After a night at a nice hotel with good breakfast we start the journey to the wilderness. You pull your own gear in a pulka with backcountry skis for 15-20 km per day. We sleep in huts with no electricity or running water so it’s all about getting back to basics. Drinking water is melted from snow and fire place will keep the hut warm. After sunset you have good chances of seeing a spectacular dance in the sky – aurora borealis aka northern lights. As climax of the ski trek, we ascent the highest point of Finland, fell Halti. However, this is only if weather permits. We finish the journey back in Kilpisjärvi, enjoying the comfort of a hotel room once again before returning home.
- Experience what the arctic wilderness in winter is truly about
- Meet like-minded people from around the world
- Professional wilderness guides know the area and circumstances
- Quality gear keep you safe and comfortable
- Chance to go off radar and enjoy simple life, feeling alive
- Finnish Lapland is extreme but relatively safe, there are no polar bears and no glaciers
Pihka Outdoors ski expedition includes:
- Pihka Outdoors wilderness guide
- Transfer from Tromsø airport to Kilpisjärvi before our adventure
- Transfer from Kilpisjärvi to Tromsø airport after our adventure
- 1 night in a hotel before the tour
- Wilderness huts during the tour
- 1 night in a hotel after the tour
- Food (full board)
- Equipment included
- Fell skis
- Ski boots
- Pulka for equipment
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
2199 € / person
You can also contact us for private departure for your own group!